Ready to Join the IWW Now?
You can join immediately, however, we ask that you do the following things first:
(2) Determine which of our Industrial Unions best fits your employment description. Remember, that your union is determined by industry rather than by craft or by skill.
(3) You will need to select the dues category that fits your income. This is explained below. When you select your rate, you will need to pay at least one months dues, plus your initiation fee, which is the same as your dues rate. For example, if you join at the MAXIMUM rate, you will pay $54, not $27.
Select Your Initiation & Dues Rate and Submit Your Payment:
- Minimum Initiation ($9) + First Month's Dues ($9) = $18 (US) - if you make less than $2,000.00 (US) per month;
- Regular Initiation ($18) + First Month's Dues ($18) = $36 (US) - if you make between $2,000.00-$3,500.00 (US) per month;
- Maximum Initiation ($27) + First Month's Dues ($27) = $54 (US) - if you make more than $3,500.00 (US) per month.
You may, of course, pay as many months in advance as you wish, but you must pay for at least one month's dues, plus initiation fees at minimum.
You have the following three options for joining the IWW:
(1) Find the nearest IWW Branch or Contact, get in touch with them, and ask them to sign you up as a member. To save time, you may print out this application form and bring it with you when join up. Be prepared to pay in cash (it's best to have exact change) or by check.
(2) Print out the application form and mail it to the nearest branch, along with your dues payment in cash or check, the latter made out to "IWW" (but make sure you contact them and ask them to confirm receipt of your application) or--if there is no branch nearby--send it directly to General Headquarters.
(3) Join the IWW online. Please note, we recommend this option only if there is no IWW branch nearby or your attempts to contact the branch listed near you results in no response after a period of two weeks or more.
If you find that the phone number, email address, or postal address of the branch you contact is no longer in service, please contact us and let us know. Then contact our General Headquarters as outlined in the latter two choices.
Please pay in US Currency, either cash or check, the latter made out to "IWW", or -- if using PayPal -- using the acceptable forms of payment available.