Current IWW Campaigns
The followng campaigns have been declared public by their organizers. Not all such campaigns are listed here, though we hope to make this list as complete as possible. The IWW is also engaged in numerous campiagns that we have not made public. Stay tuned for news about these campaigns as they happen.
- Starbucks Workers Union - International, 2004-Present (iu640)
- Jimmy Johns Workers Union - Twin Cities, Minnesota (iu640)
- Wisconsin General Strike - Madison, Wisconsin (solidarity)
Historic IWW Campaigns
Not all campaigns ever undertaken by the IWW are listed here (yet). Most of them date from 1995 or later--which is due to them having been documented on the iww.org website and that information retained--until 2005, when the IWW.ORG site was converted to a dynamic content driven site and campaign press releases were hereafter posted as news. A fairly comprehensive list of IWW campaigns (from 1905-99) is detailed in our historical chronology.
Historic Campaigns are listed in ascending chronological order, based on starting date. Also listed are the specific industrial union(s) represented in the campaign (if applicable) or if the campaign was a general or solidarity campaign.
- Community Conservation Centers / Buyback Recycling - Berkeley, California, 2000-01 (iu670)*
- Acorn - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Seattle, Washington, and Dallas, Texas, 2000-03 (iu650)
- The Jeffboat Wildcat - Louisville, Kentucky, 2001 (iu320)
- Sweat Free Baseball Campaign - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2002-Present (iu410)+
- Class Struggle on the West Coast Docks - Pacific Coast (Canada & US), 2002-03 (solidarity with ILWU)
- Stone Mountain and Daughter Fabrics - Berkeley, California, 2002-04 (iu410)*
- East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse - Oakland, California, 2002-03 (iu670)
- Portland Women's Crisis Lines - Portland, Oregon, 2003 (iu650)
- Real Food Company - San Francisco, California, 2003-04 (iu670 with UFCW Local 106)
- Free Speech TV - Boulder, Colorado (iu560)
- Java Hut - Sunderland, Massachusetts, 2004 (iu640)
- Stockton Port Truckers - Stockton, California, 2004-05 (iu530)
- Wild Oats - Cincinnati, Ohio, 2004-05 (iu660)
- Pizza Time - Olympia, Washington, 2005 (iu640)
- Vox Pop Coffee - New York City, New York, 2005 (iu660)
- Fresh Plus Grocery - Austin, Texas, 2005 (iu660)
- Work People's College - Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2007 (iu620)
* Current shop.
+ Not an official campaign, but one organized by one or more IWW members.